Corporate Affairs Manager
- Lead & enhance our Corporate reputation
- Lifestyle location, Geelong based
GMHBA is a health insurance and health care company passionate about improving the health of our communities.
With a rapidly growing and diversified business model with multiple brands, GMHBA is now seeking an experienced corporate affairs and communications professional to lead and enhance our corporate reputation.
Reporting to the Executive Manager of Brand and Marketing, this newly created role will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic communications and advocacy programs that support our business priorities, as well as fostering exceptional relationships with state and federal governments, industry bodies and other key external stakeholders.
This role will also lead issues and crisis management, provide high level media relations support and advice, and oversee our community and CSR programs.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in corporate communications, media and government relations
- Excellent ability to manage and influence key stakeholders
- A passion and successful track record in the development of communications strategies aimed at enhancing company profile and reputation
- Superior skills in simplifying complex messages into inspiring narratives
- Ability to work under pressure and be comfortable working with all levels of the organisation
- Excellence in writing and editing for government and/or corporate communication
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach a small team of professionals
The ideal candidate will have +8 years’ experience in a similar role. Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded.
Realise your career aspirations in a lifestyle location, Geelong - a vibrant city with great schools, restaurants, parks, wineries and activities, only one hour from the Melbourne CBD and minutes to world renowned beaches.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Ange Jones, People & Culture Manager 03 5202 8744.
Applications close Sunday, 30 July. For a copy of the position description click here.