- Join a high performing iconic organisation that is going through a phase of growth
- Use your strategic expertise, deep insights and analysis into the business to optimize our growth
- Geelong based, Competitive salary + bonus incentives and benefits
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and health care company with over 80 years experience and more than 230,000 members. Through our personalised approach and exceptional customer service, we put the health and well-being of our members and communities first.
About the opportunity
The Commercial Analyst - PHI reports directly to the GM PHI and is accountable for the on-going analysis of GMHBA Ltd acquisition channels, strategic partners and intermediaries against agreed targets. This includes all GMHBA Ltd brands. The role will ensure that GMHBAs commercial and operational requirements are supported through effective processes to deliver on profitability, sales, and retention targets.
The role will be responsible for maximising value of relationships through:
- Obtaining and sharing industry insights
- Managing the interaction with data experts to drive improvements to the risk profile of the GMHBA policyholder base
- Managing the risk profile through monitoring of metrics such as sales volumes, mix, profitability, and retention as well as recommending actions to improve outcomes.
The role will be focused on channel optimisation and profitability. This will be achieved through the detailed analysis of channel performance and the management of product selection, volumes, demographics and regions through the development of joint business plans as applicable to each digital business partner.
- Minimum 5+ years practical experience in a Commercial Analyst role.
- Experience in analytical methodologies, frameworks and tools
- Ability to manage discrete feasibility studies and develop business cases, linking tangible commercial outcomes / business benefits.
- Experience in managing small projects / programs from initiation to implementation.
- Ability to identify and assess risk and develop strategies and plans to mitigate risks to project and business success.
- Tertiary qualification in related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of online marketing and/or sales strategies
- Demonstrated experience in account management
- Previous experience in the Private Health Insurance industry
What we offer
- Discounted Health Insurance for you and your family
- Employee assistance program to enhance your emotional, mental and general psychological well-being so you can overcome challenges, increase coping and enhance your work and personal life.
- Community volunteering opportunities as giving back is part of the culture at GMHBA our staff are excited to make a positive impact on the health of the communities that we serve
- Ongoing training & development at GMHBA we believe in lifelong learning and encourage our staff to continually grow are develop skills to succeed and further their career, including the Web Directions Conferences
- Health information seminars to help you improve your health and well-being
- A tailored induction program for all new employees that sets you up for success from day 1 and supports you throughout the first 6 months
- A Reward & Recognition program and annual staff functions and other fun activities to celebrate our successes
- Staff well-being initiatives, including an active Social Club with a variety of fun events and special deals
- Flexible working arrangements GMHBA understand that it's important to achieve balance between work, family and social commitments.
- AIA Vitality, our award-winning health and well-being program takes you on journey to better health
Let's get started?
To download the position description click here . For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, contact Christine Shaw, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 5202 9206
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity, and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
Applications close Wednesday 18th October 2017