- Use actuarial expertise to drive initiatives that support the business
- Join a company passionate about making a difference for our members
- Primary location Melbourne or Geelong
GMHBA is a multi-brand, not for profit health insurance and healthcare company with more than 80 years’ experience. We are Australia’s leading regionally based health and care company with more than 300,000 members.
Due to ongoing growth and the complexity of managing multiple brands and entities, we have opportunities for talented actuarial professionals at various levels. If you’re passionate about the actuarial field and how it can shape and support business, then we’d love to hear from you about how you may fit into our actuarial team.
The actuarial office sits within the Finance Group and is responsible for Actuarial oversight and guidance for the organisation. The team works closely with stakeholders to provide value add analysis, modelling and advice across all areas of the business.
We provide support and advice across multiple health insurance brands and entities including GMHBA, Frank, health.com.au, Budget Direct Health Insurance and MyOwn, a joint venture with AIA and Discovery.
We support these businesses through various functions including:
- Advising on new business initiatives and opportunities
- Financial and capital projections
- Estimating insurance liabilities
- Capital management
- Product development and pricing
- Margin analysis and insights
- APRA reporting
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries Australia (desirable)
- Bring previous experience in the Private Health Insurance industry (desirable)
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer
- Discounted Health Insurance for you and your family
- Employee assistance program to enhance your emotional, mental and general psychological wellbeing so you can overcome challenges, increase coping and enhance your work and personal life
- Community volunteering opportunities as giving back is part of the culture at GMHBA our staff are excited to make a positive impact on the health of the communities that we serve
- Ongoing training & development at GMHBA we believe in lifelong learning and encourage our staff to continually grow are develop skills to succeed and further their career
- Health information seminars to help you improve your health and wellbeing
- A tailored induction program for all new employees that sets you up for success from day 1 and supports you throughout the first 6 months
- A Reward & Recognition program and annual staff functions and other fun activities to celebrate our successes
- Staff wellbeing initiatives, including an active Social Club with a variety of fun events and special deals
- Flexible working arrangements GMHBA understand that it’s important to achieve balance between work, family and social commitments
- AIA Vitality, our award-winning health and well-being program takes you on journey to better health
Want to know more?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, contact Jessica Sharp, on 5202 9251.
Applications close 29th of March 2018.
WORKING AT GMHBA YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A HEALTHY CAREER AND HELP BUILD A HEALTHIER FUTURE TOGETHER