Head of Customer Service – Private Health Insurance Operations
We have a unique opportunity for a Head of Customer Service to join our Private Health Insurance business. This is a permanent role, based in our Head Office in Geelong CBD.
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and care company with more than 85 years’ experience, and more than 400,000 members. Through our personalised approach and exceptional customer service, we put the health and wellbeing of our members and communities first.
About the role
Within this newly created role, you’ll lead GMHBA’s Private Health Insurance (PHI) Customer Service teams to deliver sales and service propositions in accordance with the strategic business plan and departmental budgets.
The Private Health Insurance Customer Service teams comprise of our multi-brand/multi-channel Customer Contact Centres, a branch network, membership back office department, workforce planning and optimisation, dispute resolution, incident management and operational risk management.
Leading the PHI Operations team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Achievement of specific customer service metrics across multiple direct and in-direct customer touch points
- Achievement of sales and retention targets through branch and call centre channels, including specific campaign execution
- Driving employee engagement and a culture of trust through a period of significant change and challenge
- Instilling a culture of quality customer service and continuous improvement across the customer service teams
To be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience in leadership of multiple operational teams responsible for delivery of customer service and sales in contact centre and face-to face environments across multiple brands
- Five years or more experience in senior operational roles reporting to GM level
- Experience implementing process improvements to enhance performance and customer service in operational functions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, forecast, plan and execute strategies to drive sales and service results
- Experience in member-based organisations
- Private Health Insurance, Banking, or General Insurance experience
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant area i.e. management, business, commerce etc
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to successfully develop large high-performing teams and build engagement and commitment across multiple teams and locations.
Let's get started?
Submit your application TODAY via the form below. Download the full position description for more information.
Have Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
In applying, you agree that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of our privacy statement.