Geelong & Melbourne
We have an opening for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team on a 6-month fixed term contract. This role is available for an immediate start and will work across both our Geelong (CBD) and Melbourne (Abbotsford) offices.
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and care company with more than 80 years’ experience. We are Australia's leading regionally based health and care company with more than 230,000 members. Through our personalised approach and exceptional customer service, we put the health and wellbeing of our members and communities first.
About the role
You will be responsible for producing high-quality training documentation (including functional workflows, policies, procedures, processes) for a number of key departments that is clear, consistent and easy to understand. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders within key departments across the business to extract and organise their detailed knowledge. These departments will include back-office membership operations, finance, benefits management, risk, compliance and governance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with key departments to identify and document their functional high-level workflows and documentation requirements.
- Review, edit and update existing policies, procedures, processes and/or training manuals related to the functional responsibilities.
- Where gaps exist in documentation, independently gather information from subject matter experts to write and edit new content so we have a comprehensive set of documentation for all functional areas.
- Undertake robust review and quality assurance on the existing documentation.
- Develop a consistent and cohesive style and voice across all documentation and departments.
- Project manage the engagement and review/development of materials for various departments simultaneously
As our ideal candidate, you’ll have experience in a financial field such as banking or insurance and be able to demonstrate:
- At least 4-5 years in a technical writer role; with:
- Previous experience writing documentation, procedural materials and training manuals for multiple audiences• Proven ability to own and drive a project to build technical documentation from the ground up and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail - your ability to evaluate and analyse complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Let’s get started?
Submit your application TODAY via the form below.
For more information please contact Maria Sophocli (Talent Acquisition Consultant) at 0467 499 336 or email@example.com
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
In submitting an application, you agree that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of our privacy statement.